Amongst the best are:
- Bigbury & Burgh Island. Located in Kingsbridge, Burgh Island is an iconic south Devon landmark.
- Blackpool Sands. This Blue Flag-awarded beach is known as one of the most beautiful in the UK. Dog Friendly.
- Thurlstone Beach. This is a great place for families with golden sands, clean safe waters and lifeguards during the Summer. Dog Friendly.
- Slapton Sands and Torcross Beach. A beautiful pebble beach that stretches for almost 2 miles from Strete Gate to the village of Torcross. Dog Friendly.
- Mothecombe. A privately-owned beach at mouth of the Erme Estuary. Dog Friendly.
Some beaches may have dog restrictions in place in the Summer months, but there are plenty of dog-friendly beaches within an easy drive.