Our Shepherds Lodges at Dittisham Hideaway have been hand crafted to our high specification by West Country Artisans who take the greatest of pride in their craft, and who lovingly build them to detailed perfection.
All 5 Shepherds Lodges are positioned in the old meadow of wild flowers with lovely views down the wooded valley.
They offer a generous 234 sq. ft. of space and are 26 ft. long having been designed to comfortably accommodate 2 adults in luxury.
The exquisite interior of the lodges boasts designer fabrics, made-to-measure furnishings and bespoke fittings alongside a traditional wood-burning stove, relaxation area with coffee table, fully-equipped kitchen, foldaway breakfast bar, a king-size double bed, generous bathroom with double walk-in power shower.
Each has its own private terrace with an outdoor wood-fired spa bath, Adirondack loungers, teak dining table and chairs with parasol, a fire pit and a double hammock.
2 of our shepherds lodges accommodate 2 adults, with 1 luxury king bed.
2 of our other lodges will now accommodate 2 adults in the king bed and 2 smaller children on a pull out sofa bed.
‘Beech’ Shepherds Lodge has an adjoining Mini Shepherds Hut (9 ft. x 7 ft.), with 2 sets of bunk beds providing total accommodation for 2 adults and upto 4 children (under 16 years old).
The Children’s own private mini Shepherds Hut has 2 sets of bunk beds situated next to the main Shepherds Lodge and is linked by camera/sound intercom to the main Hut. We suggest young children are not left alone in the children’s hut and that one of the adults stays with them in the mini hut.
2 well behaved dogs may join in the holiday with the provision of bowls and some treats. Dogs must be on the lead at all times whilst on the Dittisham Hideaway property. There are many public footpath country walks in the neighbourhood.
You will find the communal games barn is ideal for the days you wish to spend relaxing on-site – perhaps reading your holiday novel with a glass of something delicious in hand while the children play table tennis, chess or table football. Adults are allowed to join in the fun too!
Set the mood for the evening, appreciate the night sky, enjoy your favourite foods cooked on the BBQ followed by toasted marshmallows over the fire pit and then sink into the warm waters of the outdoor spa bath… c’est parfait!
- Welcome hamper with essentials for your first mornings breakfast
- Wood-burning stove
- Your first large basket/bag of logs are provided complimentary. Additional bags of logs £8.00/bag.
- Fully-equipped kitchen
- Egyptian cotton bed linen with Devon Duvet wool bedding
- Soft towels & essential toiletries
- Private terrace
- Traditional wood-fired outdoor cedar hot tub
- Outdoor dining with BBQ
- Sun loungers and double hammock
- Fire pit
- Family and dog friendly
- Activities including outdoor chess, woodland walk, ping pong table and Boules
- Complimentary Wi-fi
- Electric Vehicle charging points charged at £25 per charge
- On-site parking with use of electric wheelbarrows to transport luggage
- 1 mile to the pretty waterside village of Dittisham
- 10 minute drive to the scenic & historical port of Dartmouth