START: Park at Darthaven Marina car park TQ6 0SG
and start at Kingswear train station.
1. From the station at Kingswear turn left up the road, turn left opposite the village stores over railway footbridge and follow yellow – marked pathway alongside the railway line.
2. At the Higher Ferry slipway, turn right over the level crossing and up road. Just beyond public toilets, bear right up ramp and steps to climb through woods.
3. At T-junction, turn left along drive, signed ‘Greenway Ferry and Maypool’. Then at main road take footpath opposite and then left down steps through woods. At the tarmac drive take footpath opposite and to right, leading into Long Wood.
4. At T-junction in woods, turn left and follow track through woods above river. Track eventually curves to right and uphill. Turn left along terrace path.
5. After steep climb, turn left and follow path. Part way down hill, cross into field to right over stile and continue down hedge line.
6. At field exit turn left, signed ‘Greenway Gardens 3/4m’. Pass through gate and down track past houses. Turn left at road. If you would like to catch the steam train back to Kingswear, turn right at the road and follow the footpath signed Greenway Halt. Details of train times Dartmouth Rail River
7. Continue along the lane and through gate. By Greenway Estate information panel turn right through gate. Once over brow of hill bear left down field edge path. At the bottom turn right along Greenway Drive.
8. By the lodge house turn left down road to quay.
9. To return to Kingswear. From here you can take a ferry to Dittisham and continue, following the Dartmouth Greenway Circular walk joining at point 9 on the return walk back to Dartmouth. Ferry Details Greenway Ferry